Background and objectives
Novosanis is a medical device company and spin-off from the University of Antwerp. Novosanis currently has two medical devices (Colli-Pee & VAX-ID) in development, a device suited for intradermal injection of e.g. vaccines and a device suited for guaranteed collection of first-void urine for a better detection of sexually transmitted infections and cancer.
As a master student, you will contribute to the technical and/or clinical development of medical devices and of mapping of all the technical and clinical aspects necessary for regulatory authorities. Important requirements for masterstudents at Novosanis, are for example hardworking, self-motivated, innovative, creative, good leaderships skills and enjoying working in teams.
Development of a medical device suited for intradermal injections of lyophilized biologicals and vaccines.
Research goals (depending on background focus on technical or clinical)
• State of the art intradermal devices & lyophilized drugs
• Technical development and technical verification
• (Pre)Clinical validation
• Preparation files for regulatory authorities (CE label, FAGG, EMA, FDA)
Methods (depending on background focus on technical or clinical)
• Overview state of the art through literature surveys and patent searches
• Technical verification using imaging technology in skin samples, next modeling and simulation work, mechanical testing and small technical set-ups to assess needles, reservoirs, …
• (Pre)Clinical validation in animal models and healthy volunteers
• Compliance with ISO13485
How to apply
Send your cv and motivation letter to Nancy Kemland
T: +32 3 485 50 16